Join WAND Today!
Become a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics! Once you are a member of the Academy you automatically become a member of WAND!
Click here to JOIN now!
View a sampling of benefits that adds up to over $3,000 in savings!
View the Academy Member Benefits Guide (PDF)
WAND/Academy Member Benefits:
- The Journal of the Academy every month.
- Discounts on educational opportunities and products including industry partner discounts (car rental, liability insurance, etc.).
- Eat Right Weekly, a weekly newsletter providing members with ready access to career resources, research briefs, CPE opportunities, Academy updates, policy and advocacy issues and more.
- Online resources including e-newsletters, RSS feeds, podcasts, and videos.
- The Daily News list from the Academy’s Knowledge Center every day by email. This key resource, delivered to your e-mail inbox every weekday, helps members keep abreast of the top news stories about nutrition and dietetics.
- Academy and WAND electronic mailing lists and network with other colleagues locally, across the state and the country
- Career Resources, job links and other career building opportunities
- The Academy's Evidence-Analysis Library which provides them with access to the best scientific and evidence-based information on nutrition and health.
- Practice resources such as the Nutrition Care Manual, the Pediatric Nutrition Care Manual and more
- Position and practice papers which allow members to familiarize themselves with the Association’s stance on issues that affect the nutritional status of the public.
- Professional development opportunities including conferences, workshops, meetings, lectures, live phone tele-seminars and webinars, e-learning, CD-ROM and online courses through the Center for Professional Development.
- Compensation and Benefits Survey of the Dietetics Profession which is a comprehensive electronic report detailing the compensation for dozens of core RD and DTR jobs. A very useful resource when negotiating wages and other benefits for current or new jobs.
- Additional practice resources including resources for MNT practice, nutrition education programs, evidence-based nutrition guidelines and toolkits
- A free online referral service (Find an RD), to represent your own private practice and help others find nutrition consulting services and expertise.
- The Academy Continuing Professional Education quizzes online, free, to obtain CPE credit to add to a Professional Development Portfolio
- Free Me, Inc. online branding toolkit from the Academy. This resource provides members with communication tips, downloadable promotional flyer and information on how to develop your online presence and more.
- Dietetic Practice Groups (DPGs) to connect and collaborate with other professionals in a common area of practice such as the Diabetes Care and Education practice group or the Public Health and Community Nutrition practice group. (For a full listing of Dietetic Practice Groups, visit: http://www.eatright.org/HealthProfessionals/content.aspx?id=11236)
- Member Interest Group (MIG) which are groups of Academy members who have a common interest that may focus on areas other than the practice of dietetics or geographic location. Examples are the Latinos and Hispanics in Dietetics and Nutrition (LAHIDAN), the National Organization of Black in Dietetics and Nutrition (NOBIDAN), the National Organization of Men in Nutrition (NOMIN) or the Fifty Plus in Nutrition and Dietetics (FPIND). For more information on MIGs, please visit: http://www.eatright.org/HealthProfessionals/content.aspx?id=11244
- Local area dietetics groups.
- Academy social networking community through twitter, LinkedIn and facebook and more to stay on top of the news and information they need to know about what is happening in dietetics.
- To attend the Leadership Institute which is an integrated, intensive, multi-format certificate program in the theory and practice of leadership in dietetics
- For grants and awards through the Academy Foundation.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION:
Academy sponsored honors and awards and be recognized by peers for contributions to the profession of dietetics and nutrition.
Exciting leadership opportunities and help Wisconsin dietetic professionals be heard!
Click here to view the Membership video.
For more information on becoming a member please visit the Academy website.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY:
The policies and guidelines that apply to social media are available here.