Please join WAND members at St. Mary's Hospital for a program featuring the HSHS Hospital Cancer Center's fruit and vegetable garden! This space is geared toward gardening education and plant based eating.
We will then transition to a representative from New Leaf foods featuring "What is Garden Blitz?" Green Bay Garden Blitz empowers residents to grow food and be part of a sustainable urban agricultural system.
- 4:00-5:00 p.m.: Cancer Center Garden tour and discussion (Please meet in Cancer Center Lobby - not the main hospital)
- 5:00-6:00 p.m.: New Leaf Foods: What is Garden Blitz?
Participants are welcome to come for all or parts for the tour and discussion.
- What is the Cancer Center Garden and how will it affect patient care?
- Discuss how the garden ties into patient care and stages of their treatment.
- Discuss tools RDs can take away and feel empowered to develop a similar project.
- Understand what is New Leaf Foods and the Garden Blitz.
- Discuss local, sustainable practices in the Green Bay area.
Stephanie Lazzari, MS, RD, CD-Clinical Dietitian, HSHS St. Vincent Cancer Centers
Stephanie graduated from UW-Green Bay with a degree in Human Biology and Nutritional Science. She then completed a combined Nutrition & Wellness Masters Degree and Dietetic Internship program through Benedictine University in Lisle, IL. Lazzari has worked as a director in food service at a senior living community (Milwaukee, WI) as well as a director within WIC (central WI). As much as she was enjoying learning the different facets of nutrition, she always desired to work in oncology. HSHS St. Vincent Hospital Cancer Centers opened their first dedicated Outpatient Oncology Dietitian position in March of 2015 and entrusted her to develop the oncology nutrition program. Collaborating with health professionals within our hospital walls and within the Green Bay community has been a large facet of this program. Developing clinical guidelines for patient flow through their cancer process as well as survivorship programming such as Harvesting Hope, their garden education program are other aspects of her role. Stephanie served as the Northeastern Region Representative WAND (2016-2018).
In her free time, she enjoys eating and cooking, spending time with family and teaching group fitness.
Karen Early-New Leaf Foods Representative
Offered for 2 CPEs
Please contact the WAND office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-560-5619 if you have any questions.