Emerging Dietetic Leader Award (EDL)
The Emerging Dietetics Leader Award recognizes the competence and activities of members, regardless of their age, who are at the beginning of their dietetics careers. Members who receive this honor support the promotion of optimal health and nutritional status of the public through demonstrating leadership in legislation, research, education, management and other areas related to the profession.
Basic Criteria for Nomination
- Must be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Practice experience not less than 5 years and not greater than 10 years.
- Active participation in the national, state or district associations for at least 5 years.
- Not previously selected as a Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year (RYDY) or Recognized Dietitian of the Year (RDTY).
- Demonstrated concern for the promotion of optimal health and nutritional status of the population.
- Demonstrated leadership (legislation, research, education, management, etc.) in the Association, community or employment.
- Letter of support provided by a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Please complete the following online form and submit with one letter of support by February 1st.